Saturday, January 30, 2010

Here we go...

When I was a little girl, I would gush over the little mermaid. I absolutely loved that movie.
Back in the 90's, when movies were still played on VHS, I could draw, draw, draw all day long.
My parents say I could draw as soon as I could hold a crayon (of course they were only brightly coloured scribbles at that time, none-the-less my parents still have those stored away somewhere.) My passion for it was probably mostly influenced by my art teacher of a Dad,
and maybe by the works of Walt Disney... just a little.

Where most kids would eventually move on to things like sports or dancing, I didn't grow out of my obsession with drawing. I can remember getting into trouble sooo many times for drawing in class! Of course that all changed when the "experts" discovered that, that helps with memorisation of the lectures. Yeah, sure.

As I grew up I discovered there was more than just movies about mermaids and fairies.
Japanese animated movies became a big influence, as well as CGI movies.
Companies such as Studio Ghibli and Pixar Studios showed me that both the story and the imagery can bring people together in one fantastic experience. I hope someday I will work for one of these studios.

So, what is art to me? Why do I draw so damn much? I suppose its the moment that you visualize something absolutely fantastic in your mind, and can bring it to life by putting a pencil to paper. That ability to create what you imagine, and share it with people.

Anyways, my final words for this entry will be this. Imagine, dream; and this goes for you too out there, who doesn't consider himself or herself to be an artist.
If you love something share it, because I just bet, that everyone will love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment